Wouldn’t life be nice if we had all the space we could possibly need whenever we needed it? As a homeowner you know how important it is to keep your home and garage as organized and clutter-free as possible. If not for your sanity, then to keep the broken bones at a minimum. Keeping your home organized and clutter-free is a huge job in itself, but when you find that your closets are overflowing, your Easter decorations are still in a box in the corner of your spare bedroom, and your house feels like it’s shrinking by the day then you’ll probably see your garage as your safe haven. It’s a large enough space to put all the spare clothes, seasonal decorations, and addition furniture until it’s time to use them.
If you’re part of one of many awesome Homeowners Associations in the Elk Grove area then you know how important it is to keep your home maintained and up to standards. But sometimes when it comes to your garage keeping it up to HOA standards can prove to be difficult.
Some HOA’s require that only vehicles be parked in your garage. Any campers, boats, or RVs must be obscured from view and cannot be parked on community streets. But at the same time no cars can be parked on the streets, unless authorized. So where are you to put your boat? Well, Harbour Point offers convenient RV and boat parking with spaces large enough to accommodate your vehicles.
Likewise, sometimes the boxes you keep your Christmas tree in and all the decorations may not fit in your garage along with your car or two cars if your family has more than one. So where are you to put your seasonal items as well? Self storage units are perfect from freeing up your garage to keep up with the regulations and rules of HOAs. Instead of trying to pile everything into a small corner of your garage or making your guest room into a junk room, invest in a self storage unit that’ll give you peace of mind. But when you’re done adding a few things to your storage unit, you should take a look at your garage and see how you can organize what’s left.
Here are a few tips to help you keep your garage clean and clutter-free:
- Box up any seasonal items (Christmas decor, Halloween costumes, out of season clothing) in easy to label canisters or boxes.
- Anything that you know you don’t use or won’t use again put in a pile to donate.
- Put all tools in one section of the garage on either a standing shelf, hooks on the wall, or in a tool box.
- Put any out of season tools like a leaf or snow blower in self storage to free up space.
- Add a shelving unit to your garage for easy categorization or use a chef’s rack which can be used as a way to hang items as well as shelve them.
- Use a large trash can to keep rakes, shovels, brooms, and other yard tools together and neatly organized.
- Add a bike rack to one of your garage walls to keep bikes off the floor and out of the way (this will also prevent accidents from occurring).
- Use a push broom to clean the floor of your garage and use laundry detergent to clean up oil stains.
- Keep a vacuum handy to clean up cobwebs and any dust that may collect.
- Every few months or so do a walk through to see if there is anything in the garage that can be put in storage instead of kept in the garage.
- Keep paint and brushes together in one section of the garage to avoid spillage.
- When possible use as much of the ceiling as you can. Hang or mount things in order to clear floor space.
Keeping a garage clean can be a daunting task. Not something you’ll be eager to do either. But it’s important to keep it clean in order to avoid any accidents. Once you’ve decided to clean it up and store a few things away in a self storage unit you should begin to look around for the perfect facility. Because remember, not all storage facilities are equal.
Harbour Point offers an on-site resident manager, 24-hour digital surveillance, and individually alarmed units. Plus, a free truck at move in and locks to keep your unit doors locked 24/7.
We are proud to offer you a safe, clean, well-maintained storage facility for a budget-friendly price. We want to help the residences of Elk Grove expand their home and provide them with a safe, reliable space to keep their belongings.
In order for us to help you though you should think of Harbour Point as an extension of your lifestyle. You have your home, garage, and your Harbour Point unit to store all the important belongings in your life. Think of your storage unit as an extension of your garage. An extra place for your belongings to call home. Just be sure to label and organize everything in your unit for easy access.
Whether you need a large unit or small unit Harbour Point is here to help Elk Grove residences make their home life easier. You shouldn’t have to stress about where you’re going to keep your camper or where to put your summer decorations and warm weather clothing.
We love being apart of the Elk Grove community. And being part of the community means helping our neighbors find the best solutions. So if you want to empty your spare room to add recreational equipment in it we’re here to help. Do you want to make a your spare room into a nursery but need a place to put your spare furniture, stop by and take a look at the units we offer. We hope to welcome you to the Harbour Point family and provide a solution that gives you convenience, peace of mind, and dependability.
About the Author: Lark Begin is the president of Profit Parrot Marketing; an SEO marketing, content and social media company in the Ottawa area. Lark is well established in the realm of digital marketing and is dedicated to helping multiple professional local and international websites and brands grow an online presence and succeed.