Do you love sports? Do you find yourself having to carry gear back and forth only then to find a location in your home to store the gear until your next outing? This is a huge problem for many athletes. Whether you play golf and need to store those clubs, or maybe you love to go rock climbing, kayaking or the like. All of these sports require gear, and in many cases, the gear is bulky and hard to store. For those who are in the Southern California area, our Lakewood Self Storage facility is your solution.
We Are Right Next To Lakewood Golf and Country Club
Our Lakewood self storage facility is located right near Lakewood Golf and Country Club, making it the perfect location for those who golf here to stop and pick up their clubs, then place them back once they are done with their game. We are located at 3969 Paramount Blvd, and our units can be accessed 7 days a week, so no need to cancel or reschedule your game!
Many of our customers at this facility are athletes. They use our storage lockers for those items that they may not be able to store at home comfortably. After all, weather can affect being able to play every day or every weekend, so why worry about how to store these athletic items at home when there is another solution? For those who are interested in this option, remember that our facility offers:
- Onsite managers (who live at the facility) should there be any issues that arise or questions that you need answered.
- The facility is a controlled access facility meaning you don't have to worry about your items when you are not there.
- We have a 24-hour digital recording system for added security.
- There are carts for customer use, as many of our customer athletes need these carts to take their items to their personal vehicle.
- There are air-conditioned units for those who fear the heat of the California sun hurting their items.
- There are 3 access points into the property so you can choose the one that is closest to your locker.
- And the loading area is covered, meaning that if rain is an issue, you can simply pull up and unload what you need to unload.
Whether you are an avid golfer, love to kayak, are a hard-core rock climber, ski during the Winter months, surf during the summer, or whatnot, there is a self storage solution that is going to allow you to store your gear and have peace of mind it will be waiting for your next adventure.
A Few Tips for Storing Athletic Equipment
For those who are going to store their athletic equipment in our Lakewood Self Storage facility, there are a few tips to help you make the most of this choice.
- Be sure that you are cleaning your gear before putting this into storage. For example, those who store their surf boards will want to ensure that the sand and water is no longer on these when they place them into the storage unit. This is especially true if you will be storing this gear for a few months as you may not be able to surf until that time.
- If you are storing golf clubs, consider covering these before you walk away. Even if you are going to be playing the next weekend, dust can settle onto these clubs within a few days.
- Make sure that you are placing similar sport items together to easily find these later. Many customers use clear tote boxes for one sport, such as their tennis rackets and balls. Then use other boxes for the items that are related to the other sports they are playing. Organization is always key when packing items into a self storage unit.
- Always have a box for items that you are storing. Especially if you are storing balls for the various sports you play. No one wants to open their storage unit to find a bunch of balls rolling every which way…it will increase the time that you take to look for what you need rather than being outdoors and playing what you want.
Concerns about Storing Athletic Gear
Many first-time customers come to us with a few concerns about storing their equipment, which is completely understandable. For example:
- What if there is a ton of equipment that you need to store? We offer help with that! We have a free truck (with driver) to use and boxes for sale that can help to organize those items that you are storing. No one should have to take three to four days to load their items in their personal car and make numerous trips. We want to make this easier for you!
- Can bulky items be stored? For example, surfboards, kayaks, rafts? Yes! Our storage facilities were designed for you! You can choose the size that you are going to need to easily fit and organize all your sporting equipment.
- Is it going to take forever to get the items you want out of storage? As far as how long it will take you to remove your athletic gear from storage to play is up to you. For those who keep their unit organized, it often just takes minutes to stop at the facility, pick up what you need and be on your way. There is no long complicated process to pick up an item at our facility.
If you are an avid athlete, then you know just how much room that the equipment you use can take up. It is not uncommon for people to have to pick and choose what their favorite sport is in order to have room for their equipment. However, this can be a thing of the past. Imagine being able to do any outdoor activity you want? It can be reality if you are storing your items in our Lakewood Self Storage units. No more mess, only fun is to be found with this option!
About the Author: Lark Begin is the president of Profit Parrot Marketing; an SEO marketing, content and social media company in the Ottawa area. Lark is well established in the realm of digital marketing and is dedicated to helping multiple professional local and international websites and brands grow an online presence and succeed.